This is a Club Time Trial league comprising 10 events on Thursday evenings throughout the summer. It is open to all Clifton CC members and is promoted under the Rules & Regulations of Cycling Time Trials (CTT).
If you have any questions about these events, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Event Details 2013
A pdf with maps of most the courses is available and there's a separate map of the Coneysthorpe course
We need people to organise events, timekeep and help out on the night with marshalling, pushing off etc. It's not too early to volunteer - the events can't go ahead without you!
- All events start at 7:30pm
- Entry on the line only - £3 seniors, £1 under 18’s.
- All riders must be a member of Clifton CC - you may be asked to show your membership card when you sign on.
- Under 18’s must hand in a Parental Consent form before the start of their first event (1 form for the whole series).
- Under 18’s must wear a helmet in all CTT events.
- Minimum age is 12 years (riders aged under 13 must be accompanied to the event by a parent/guardian).
- Series promoted under the Rules and Regulations of Cycling Time Trials (CTT).
You may ride as many or as few events as you wish, but to compete for Club trophies and final league placings:
- Senior (aged 18+): ride 5 events and help at 1. If more events are ridden then best 5 results will be used
- Junior (aged 16/17): ride 5 events. If more ridden then best 5 results will be used. No requirement to help/marshal
- Juvenile (aged 12-15): ride 4 events. If more ridden then best 4 results to count for Juvenile trophy/runners up and other age-related awards. For final overall league table: 4 events is enough to qualify but if more ridden then best 5 results will be used (this is to enable U16's to compete equally for overall trophies if they wish)
If no rider meets the qualifying criteria in a particular category, then no award will be given
Event organisers: organising an event will count as a 'ride' towards qualification, but will gain no points.
Whatever age you are when you ride your first event, you will remain in that age category for the whole series.
Riders must be current, paid up members of Clifton Cycling Club. There will be no distinction made between 1st and 2nd claim riders - all riders compete equally as Clifton CC.
The series operates a 'one rider = one prize' rule. You can only win 1 category although you can be runner up any number of times.
The categories are:
Overall Winner. Best Woman - Best Junior - Best Juvenile. Veteran overall(male) - Veteran overall(female) - Espoir. V40 - V50 - V60 - V70. Best New Rider. Any other awards as decided by the organiser.
General info for new riders
- All our events are run on sporting courses (Spoco's) and some of them are quite technical with steep descents, right turns, sharp corners and poor road surfaces. Try and familiarise yourself with the course before you ride it.
- All events are run on the public highway and all the normal rules of the road apply.
- Race marshal's are only there to make sure you go the right way, they cannot stop, warn or direct traffic for you - it's up to you to ensure that it is safe to proceed and if you have to stop at a junction - then stop, don't take risks.
- 'Competitors must ride entirely alone and unassisted' - you can't take shelter from another riders slipstream. If you find you are catching another competitor, you must carefully overtake making sure that you do not at any point ride in their slipstream, likewise if you are overtaken - even if it means dropping back a little.
- Awareness of surroundings: the 'tuck' or 'head down' riding position is banned - you must be able to see the road in front of you at all times. You can't wear any earphones/headphones/audio equipment during the race (except hearing aids).
- You can ride any type of bike except a recumbent - so long as it's roadworthy. If you're riding on a mountain bike then slick tyres are a good idea.
- Clifton CC recommend all riders wear a helmet - riders under 18 must wear a helmet.